Sunday, November 7, 2010

Where's Waldo?

Seriously, where is Waldo? I mean, why is he hiding from us? Did he do something wrong? Is he some kind of stalker? Why are we conditioning children on people like Waldo, who is obviously a horrible human being to be hiding from us all... Woah dude, step back a little.

Sometimes I go on tangents. Like tangent lines in calculus... Which we are learning about... We also learned about the Sandwich Theory in calculus one day. All I heard was "sandwich" and then I went off to some other place in my brain. I imagined huge sandwiches and we used derivatives of y=x² to figure out the amount of ingredients needed. It was a fun daydream.

Anyways, back to Waldo. I wonder if they have ever printed one of those pictures without having put Waldo in it. I mean, what if one day they just forgot? What would happen? Could they get sued for false advertising? What about those lawyers? Can't you just imagine one of those infamous commercials
"If you or a family member have looked for Waldo on page 12 of the 5th edition of
Where's Waldo and ruined your eyes or had to get glasses after hours upon hours of endless searching with no finding, you may be entitled to a settlement of $3.00 or less! Call 1-800-UST-UPID for free consulting!"
I would call just to tell them that I found Waldo.

And what if Waldo was just super easy to find? Here are some examples:

1. What if Waldo had a GPS attached to his wrist? I mean, you could know his exact coordinates without even ever having to look for him! No more non-useful strain on the eyes! The easy-peasy way to find Waldo! Little kids could learn about technology while searching for the all-elusive Waldo.

2. What if he just got fat. Just plain ol' 562.7 pounds. If he weighed that much then it wouldn't be hard at all to find him! His fat body would be all over the page! His crazy self!

Would that be cheating or what?

What if Waldo is a REAL person who wears blue pants, striped shirt, and striped beanie all the time? Could he be charged with a copy-write infringement ooooooor could he be the real Waldo and the Where's Waldo books are all based on his life! Like a biography! Totally.

Either way, Waldo is pretty cool.

Keep it chilly readers!

P.S. I'm trying to replace "cool" with "chilly", makes for more interesting conversations.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know where Waldo is. I didn't even know what the whole "Where's Waldo?" thing was about until a few months ago.... :/

    ReplyDelete